From the Beginning, the Nook writer's colony has joined with the hypergrid community to explore the future of storytelling.
Our first project, Hypergrid Stories, used the hypergrid to send readers on a journey through stories across the major grids throughout metaverse.
Our second project, Geeked-Out Fairy Tales, delivers tales and storybuilding tutorials on parcels and floating islands in the Pandora Learning Lab at the Nook.
Our most recent project, Immersive Edge, launched the Next Dimension Tales grid and invited creators across the metaverse and around the world to join us in telling the Immersive edge story. The story is delivered by NPC characters in-world. Guests are encouraged to help the characters find their way home through an adventure designed to help the protagonists discover who they are and what matters most.
In cyber everything's a lie and nothing is.
They met as text on a digital page. An ocean between them assurance that they could be who they wished they were in their lover's eyes. Love's illusions fashioned in ones and zeroes texted across the transatlantic cable. No warning that the god-helmets they experimented with would fuse their consciousness to digital bodies, thrust them thru a portal, plunge them into unreal realities. Now they are on a journey to find home and themselves. But as they progress through different avatars and evolve into evermore unique cyber beings, the desire to live in their ordinary mortal skin diminishes. As they overcome obstacles and face challenges they fall more deeply in love. The fear their lover will reject the imperfect human they are grows. To survive and return home they must embrace those imperfections. At the end of the journey readers must choose the destiny for the pair.
Visit Immersive Edge, the newest interactive Hypergrid Story, in a new controlled viewer experience:
1) Download and install the Firestorm Virtual World Viewer so you can view the story world and walk around in it. Be sure to download the version for Opensim.
2) Create an account here. I know it is a pain but this is how the system knows to make you an avatar in the virtual world. This is also how you can get back to your avatar, like a bookmark in the story, should you need to stop and continue later.
|Next Dimension Tales Login Screen|
Now launch the viewer software you installed and type the following in the form fields at the bottom of the viewer.
Name: First and Last name you used when creating account. Leave a space between the two just like you see in mine above.
Password: Same as for account you created.
Grid: If there is anything in that box delete it and then copy and paste this there instead--
This tells the story who to put in the story world and where to put them. Check the boxes to remember name and password. In the future all this info will be saved for you. In the start location you want to keep last location. The first time it will log you into the default starting area, but after that it will log you in where you left off.
That's it. You're ready to go.
Navigating Immersive Edge Story
1) When you first land you will see an arrow, pointing to a portal. Walk straight into the portal. When you collide with it, it'll transport you to scene one.
2) Follow the directions of characters you meet in a scene to progress through the story.
3) If you get stuck at any point click the map icon.
4) Type hype in the "find" area of the form field. Then click "find" button.
5) This will bring up a list of regions: Hypergrid Story One, Hypergrid Story Two, and so on. Double click the region you wish to travel to and you will teleport.